Associate in Science Degree
Nursing Program Admissions Requirements
Review the Nursing Overview page for current admissions information. Print the Nursing Program Information Sheet (available on the Overview page) which provides detailed information about the admissions requirements and process. Contact the Nursing Department if additional information is requested at (650) 574-6218.
If there are more applicants than space available, the following applicants are given priority.
- Applicants who have completed the "pre-admission" major requirements
- Applicants with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher for all pre-admissions and major course requirements.
- Applicants who have completed Biology 240, Biology 250, Biology 260 with a cumulative grade point average 2.5 for this group and no grade less than C in each course and no more than one repetition of any of these courses.
- Applicants with equal priority are selected by a computerized random number system.
- Applicants are required to successfully complete an assessment test prior to the entry in to the program. In the event that the applicant does not pass the test, they need to successfully complete remediation course work prior to entry into the nursing program.
University Transfer Program
Use Assist (www.assist.org) to identify lower division major preparation for Business and Accounting for the California State University and the University of California systems. For independent or out-of-state colleges and universities use their catalogs to locate this information. Transfer Services can assist you to gather this information.