The purpose of computer workstations in the College of San Mateo Library is to support the academic and instructional programs of CSM. Students directly working on course-related assignments and other library/research activities have first priority. To this end we ask that you limit non-academic use of library computers to non-busy times.
Everyone who uses a CSM Library computer is expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Respect Library priorities and guidelines for use of computer workstations.
- Comply with Library staff directives related to computers and related equipment.
- Respect all computer & software copyrights and license agreements.
- Respect the integrity of College & Library computing systems.
- Respect the privacy of other computer users.
- Users are not permitted to make changes to computer settings or configurations.
- Users may not install software on Library computers or peripheral equipment.
- Users may not download/upload, save, or otherwise transfer files to the C: Drive (Hard Drive).
- Creating and/or displaying threatening, obscene, racist, sexist, or harassing material is strictly prohibited.
- Broadcasting of unsolicited email messages (SPAM) or creating and distributing email for personal financial purposes or gain is prohibited.
- Using College/Library computers for illegal activities may result in prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
All library users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to the maintenance of a quiet study atmosphere for others. Please be respectful and mindful of others.
Talking on cell phones not allowed in the library. Please turn off cell phone ringer while visiting the library.
No food or drink allowed at computer stations or in library stacks.