The Pathway to College summer program is designed to assist students who are recent high school graduates (within the last 3 years) to make a successful transition to college life. The program combines information on college success and study strategies through our Keys to Success (LCTR 105) course with fun activities and dynamic instruction in both Math and English.
Participation is open to first time college students whose placement test scores assess them in any of the following:
- Math 811 or 110
- English 828 or 838; Reading 825.
Students who participate in Pathway to College will:
- Meet other students, staff and faculty, while developing a network of support prior to their first semester at CSM
- Be assigned a mentor for their first year at CSM
- Be Offered support by tutors throughout the two week program
- Get to know the campus and its valuable resources
- Receive a complementary CSM student planner
- Have the choice to retake the placement exam at the end of the program and potentially place into a higher level Math and/or English course; cutting the amount of classes and time it will take to graduate and/or transfer
July 6 - July 17, 2015; Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
College of San Mateo
A maximum of 50 students. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Estimated costs to students will be $46.00 based upon one unit Keys to Success course.
Daily parking permits can be purchased for $2 at designated permit stations, or a semester length permit can be purchased online for $25.
Application to Pathway to College
The application period opens on February 1, 2015. Applications received before June 1, 2015 will be given priority consideration. Please complete the online Pathway to College Application.
If you have any questions about the Pathway to College program please contact Joey Martinez in the Learning Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 574-5570.