OverviewThe mission of the Institutional Planning and Budget Committee is to ensure the implementation and ongoing assessment of the institutional planning process.
The Institutional Planning Committee accomplishes its mission by:
- Developing institutional priorities based on the SMCCCD Strategic Plan and the CSM Educational Master Plan.
- Ensuring that budget allocations are based on institutional planning priorities and are relevant to the current fiscal environment.
- Establishing measurable indicators for institutional priorities based on recommendations from the Office of Planning, Research and Institutional Effectiveness (PRIE), establishing targets for those indicators, and monitoring progress in meeting those targets
- Ensuring that participatory governance is properly followed across all participatory governance committees
- Ensuring the integration of the planning process, including, but not limited to a coordinated, institutional approach in addressing college priorities and the interrelationship among institutional plans.
- Establishing regular communication with the campus community regarding the institutional planning process.
- Assessing on an annual basis the effectiveness of the Institutional Planning Committee and the institutional planning process.