Before you can apply for a visa appointment, you must pay a SEVIS fee. SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, which is where your I-20 was created and will be maintained to reflect your program of study throughout your stay in the U.S.
Steps to paying the SEVIS Fee:
- Check your I-20 and make sure that all the information is correct. If there are any errors, please contact our office to obtain a correct I-20. You will need the correct I-20 before your visa interview.
- Make sure you have a printer so that you can print out your SEVIS fee receipt.
- Log onto www.fmjfee.com and click on “Proceed to I-901 Form and Payment.” On the next page, click on “I-20” and then click on “Ok.”
- Input your last name, first name, SEVIS number and date of birth. Your SEVIS Number is located on the top of the bar code on your I-20.
- Click “Enter,” input your payment information and print out your SEVIS fee receipt. Make sure you bring your receipt to your visa interview.