Step 1: Select a Program of Study to complete at College of San Mateo
Visit our degree page to choose a program of study and complete your first two years of university study at College of San Mateo and transfer to top universities in the San Francisco-Bay Area or beyond.
Step 2: Apply to become an International Student
- Apply online
- Email your supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank verification of funds by presenting a statement from you or your sponsor showing the equivalent of $20,000 USD.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Proof of high school graduation that is equivalent to an American high school education with satisfactory grades, normally a C or 2.0 average.
- Transcripts in the form of academic records from secondary (high) school and any other previous college or university.
- Copy of a valid passport.
- Personal essay explaining what you want to study, the reason why you want to study in the United States and College of San Mateo, and how your education in the U.S. will benefit you in your native country. A recommended length for the essay is 300 words.
- Payment of the $50 application fee.
- Documents in a language other than English should should be accompanied by an English translation.
College of San Mateo
1700 West Hillsdale Blvd
San Mateo, CA 94402
Step 4: Receiving your I-20 from College of San Mateo
Once your application and supporting documents are evaluated, your I-20 form (certificate of eligibility for non-immigrants to study in the United States) will be created in SEVIS. The I-20 form will be mailed to you. You must then take the I-20 form with you to your U.S. Consulate appointment to obtain your F-1 visa.
Step 5: Apply for your F-1 Visa