The International Student Orientation at College of San Mateo is a two-day orientation. The orientation is compulsory for all new international students. Your letter of acceptance will include the date of the orientation. It is designed to help you adjust to your new environment both inside and outside of the classroom. The orientation will also provide you with opportunities to meet other new students who share a similar experience as you. You are required to attend both days of this orientation.
At orientation, you will:
- Meet some of the staff, faculty, and administrators at CSM as well as the International Student Center staff
- Submit copies of your I-20, passport, and I-94
- Understand F-1 regulations and your responsibilities as an International Student
- Have a Welcome Lunch
- Go on a Campus Tour with Student Ambassadors
- Receive an International Student Orientation Handbook that will provide you resources to help you adjust to becoming a student at CSM
- Participate in workshops to learn about different campus resources
- Have any of your questions answered!