What does an international student need to do to become a student at College of San Mateo?
1. Complete and submit the College of San Mateo Online International Student Application.
2. Submit to CSM:
- Certified bank statement in English indicating the equivalent of $19,000 U.S.currency per year is available for study in the United States
- Demonstrate sufficient command of English
- TOEFL score of 480 (paper), 56 (internet based), or 160 (computer) OR
- Complete CSM approved English/ESL course work the United States
- Submit a handwritten essay describing your educational goals
- Submit copies (in English) of transcripts indicating you have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma
3. Once you are admitted to CSM, submit to the U.S. Consulate in your home country:
- CSM issued I-20 certifying you have met the admission requirements.
- Copies of your financial statement
- Proof of intent to study in the United States and return to your home country
- F-1 Visa is issued
4. Upon arrival in the United States, you must:
- Report to the CSM International Student Center in Building 1, Room 261, with your F-1 visa (stamped at point-of-entry) as soon as possible