The San Francisco Chronicle website, SFGate, recently posted a list of their readers suggestions of free things to do in San Francisco. Although we don’t suggest trying all of them (remember, you have to study for your classes!), the list contains many fun ways to spend a free Saturday or Sunday in the City. Let the International Student Center know if you try any of these!
The list includes:
- Head to the De Young for the view from the tower and Friday night art events.
- Visit the ‘fog bridge’ at the new Exploratorium at Pier 15.
- Try to climb every S.F. staircase – including the challenging Filbert Steps.
- When September rolls around, watch some free opera with the AT&T Park simulcast.
- Walk or bike across the Golden Gate Bridge, and be sure to visit Fort Point under the bridge.
- Visit the S.F. Cable Car Museum or the S.F. Railway Museum, both free anytime.