College is exciting - a whole new way of thinking and doing things. If your childhood included abuse, neglect or foster care, your past may have complicated this journey. Identify your strengths & passions & avoid old patterns to speed your progress. Take The Next Step into a hopeful future!
Join us for Foster Forward workshops every second and fourth Wednesday of each month of the semester. There will be interactive sessions to help you problem solve many areas of life and school and give you the opportunity to bring up challenging issues and allow us to work them out together.
Fall Workshops: September 10 and 24, October 8 and 22, November 12 and December 10
- Discover your dreams and strengths
- Counts toward STEP training
- Do it together! Solve the tough issues
- $50 gift cards every third workshop
Resources for Foster Youth
If you are/were in foster care or another court ordered out of home placement between your 16th and 18th birthday, you may be eligible for up to $5,000 of additional grant assistance through the Chafee Grant. The Financial Aid Office is here to help you pay for your college education. We are here to help and to connect you with all available resources. We look forward to assisting you through the process and being part of your support system at CSM.
- Project Change Mentor/Mentee LunchFri Oct 31, 2014 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmCSM College Center Building 10, Room 401, City View A Conference Room
- Foster Forward WorkshopFor current and former Foster YouthWed Nov 12, 2014 1:10 pm - 2:45 pmCSM Central Hall Building 16, Room 104
- Foster Forward WorkshopFor current and former Foster YouthWed Dec 10, 2014 1:10 pm - 2:45 pmCSM Central Hall Building 16, Room 104