There are two types of aid through our office:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) offers grants, loans, and scholarships
- 2013-2014 Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Waiver (available on WebSMART) will pay eligible students' enrollment fees for the entire academic year.
- FAFSA vs. BOG Enrollment Waiver Comparison
Applying for FAFSA:
- Complete a FAFSA application. You can apply electronically at www.FAFSA.gov
- After you receive your electronic (or paper) response from the Department of Education, review it and bring a copy of your Student Aid Report with any corrections to the College of San Mateo Financial Aid Office.
- If you are selected for "verification," you will need to provide the following documents:
• 2013-2014 Independent Verification Worksheet
• 2013-2014 Dependent Verification Worksheet
plus complete the IRS Tax Data Retrieval OR order and bring in 2012 Tax Return Transcript
- Send all official transcripts from all non-District colleges and universities that you have attended directly to the Financial Aid Office. (If the CSM Admissions and Records Office has already received your academic transcripts, you may skip this step.) Please note, an official transcript evaluation is REQUIRED when submitting academic transcripts from another institution. Transcript Evaluation Process
- You may also need to provide documentation of U.S. citizenship, eligible non-citizenship status, proof of Selective Service registration, proof of Social Security Number, repayment of defaulted loans, or other information on a case-by-case basis.
**If you need assistance with the FAFSA or PIN online, please visit us for one-on-one help in our Learning Center. Check frequently for updated times/days that we are available to assist you!**
The BOG Enrollment Fee Waiver will pay an eligible student's enrollment fees for the entire year. You can apply in several ways:
- If you submit a FAFSA appplication, you will also be applying for a BOG Enrollment Fee Waiver; however, it may take the Department of Education up to four weeks to process your FAFSA Application
- You may apply online through WebSmart: after logging into WebSmart, you will need to click on the BOG Enrollment Waiver application and answer the questions; if you are eligible, you will need to print the "Signature Page" and provide any documentation that is requested; the "Signature Page" and any documentation must be returned to the CSM Financial Aid Office
Apply for a BOG Enrollment Fee Waiver on Websmart now!