Nonresident Tuition Fee
Health Services Fee
Students who officially withdraw from semester-long classes on or before the date specified in Important Dates, or who officially withdraw from short courses within the ﬁrst 10% of the class meetings, will receive credit toward future fees for the full amount of all fees paid for those classes. Students who prefer a refund of their credit can simply contact the Cashier’s Office at (650) 574-6408 to request it. Students can view course refund deadlines on WebSMART.
Example: If a short course has eight meetings, 10% of 8 = 0.8, and this is rounded up to 1.0. Therefore, the student must officially withdraw no later than the end of the day of the ﬁrst class meeting to be eligible for a credit or refund.
A $10 processing fee (plus an additional $50 processing fee for nonresident tuition) will be retained by the College if a refund is issued to a student withdrawing from all classes.
For semester-long classes dropped after the deadline, (or short courses dropped after the ﬁrst 10% of the class meetings), these fees are not refundable unless an action of the College (e.g., class cancellation) prevents a student from attending class.
Student Body Fee & Student Representation Fee
Students enrolling during the normal registration period in semester-length classes may request a waiver or a refund of the Student Body Fee and/or the Student Representation Fee through the last day to drop semester-long (see Important Dates). Students enrolling after the end of this deadline may request a waiver or a refund of these fees within one (1) week of completing registration. Students enrolled only in short courses have until the first class session to request a wavier or refund of fees. Students requesting a waiver or a refund of the Student Body Fee and/or the Student Representation Fee must do so in-person at the Student Activities Office. For additional information, see Student Body Card.
Variable Unit Courses
No enrollment fee or nonresident tuition refund or credit will be available to students enrolled in variable unit courses who earn fewer units of credit than the number for which they originally registered. Students earning additional units will be charged accordingly.
- The parking permit will not be refundable unless the student has their class(es) canceled by the college.
- Credit balances remain on student accounts for a maximum of ﬁve (5) years.
- A student may either choose to maintain a credit balance on account or contact the Cashiers Office (Bldg. 10, Third Floor, 574-6412) to arrange for a refund.
- Refunds are NOT issued automatically and are subject to a $10 processing fee if the student withdraws from all classes. Refunds of nonresident tuition are subject to an additional $50 processing fee.
- Fees paid by personal check require 30 days for bank clearance before refunds can be processed.
- To be eligible for a credit or refund, a student must officially withdraw from a course within the stated deadline. A withdrawal initiated by an instructor may NOT result in a credit or refund.
- Fees will be credited or refunded if an action of the College (e.g., class cancellation) prevents a student from attending.
- Student records, including transcripts, are automatically held until all debts to the District colleges have been cleared.
The Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges has established a program that waives the enrollment fees for all qualiﬁed applicants.
To apply for the Board of Governors Enrollment Fee waiver, complete the application (see center insert) and submit it to the Financial Aid Office (Bldg. 10, Third Floor, 574-6514) or apply online. Log in to WebSMART and select Board of Governors Fee Waiver Application.
For most students, the application process is simple and can be completed within ten minutes. Students who qualify for a Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver will have their enrollment fees waived for the entire academic year. Students who had a waiver for the '10/'11 academic year will need to reapply.
When submitting the Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver application, please inquire about the many federal and state ﬁnancial aid programs that are available to College of San Mateo students.A Spanish version of the BOGW application is available in CSM's Financial Aid Office and in the Office of Admissions & Records.