Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS)
Student Resource Guide - Accommodations
Note taking Services
Return to Accommodations Page
- Notetaking services are designed to provide assistance to students with disabilities in the classroom. To establish notetaking services,arrange an appointment with a DSP&S counselor by calling the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at (650) 574-6438 and fill out necessary forms.
- Notetaking services will only be provided to a student who has a verified disability and whose disability-related educational limitations prevent the student from taking his or her own notes.
- Students needing these services are requested to either:
Ask a fellow student in their classes to assist them with notes. Notetaking paper will be provided.
Ask the instructor to announce the need for a note taker in the class and arrange to meet immediately after the class or in the DRC.
- The DRC will provide the student with duplicate notetaking paper for each approved class.
- Students are required to be in class to receive notes from that day unless the absence was disability related.
- It is the student's responsibility to notify the DRC of an absence so the note taker can be notified.
- The student is responsible for informing the DRC whatever changes occurred that affect the students need for notetaking services.