How do I get started at CSM?
Complete an Application for Admission to CSM. This can be done online at the CSM website: http://collegeofsanmateo.edu.
Complete the Placement Tests for English and Math if you intend to transfer or to pursue a degree or college certificate. After you receive your CSM student ID number, make an appointment to take the Placement Tests through Websmart. Please contact the Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) at 574-6438 before taking the Placement Tests if you need accommodations for your placement tests.
Complete the College Orientation/Counseling Workshop. Contact the Counseling Center (650) 574-6400 to reserve a space. This workshop will help you to decide which courses will meet your specific academic needs.
After you have completed these steps you will be cleared to sign up for classes. If you need additional help in choosing appropriate courses, you can schedule an appointment to meet with the DSPS Counselor for academic counseling by contacting the DRC.
Contact DSPS for an appointment to arrange for accommodations and services to meet your educational needs.
How do I get started with DSP&S?
- Complete the DSPS Intake Screening & Service Request booklet. You can pick up one from the DSPS office or download a copy at collegeofsanmateo.edu/dsps.
- Bring the completed booklet and documentation verifying your disability (for example, a doctor’s report, psycho-educational report, or IEP) to the DSPS office.
- Schedule an appointment with the DSPS Staff to:
- Complete the intake process,
- Arrange for reasonable accommodations based on your educational needs,
- Discuss your rights and responsibilities as a DSPS student
- Once you are established with DSPS, plan your accommodations prior to the beginning of each semester.
Planning ahead will help your semester run smoothly and will contribute to your success in college.
Return to Accommodations Page