Syllabus & Other Information
- Motoyama COMM 110 Syllabus SPRING 2013 (WORD DOC)
- Motoyama COMM 110 Syllabus AA, AH - (Word) or (PDF)
- Motoyama COMM 110 Syllabus AE, AF, AM - (Word) or (PDF)
- Motoyama COMM 110 SUMMER 2012 Syllabus (Word)
- Motoyama Study Guide - (Word)
- Motoyama Supplementals - (Word)
Please observe due date for these assignments. The worth of the mandatory assignments (0 to 5 pts.) is belied by the possible point value assigned; however, I do not want students to be penalized by the limited hours of the Comm Lab.
Speeches and presentations
Speech #1: Video Collage (Word) or (PDF)
Speech #2: Information or Demonstration.
Successful Topics for Speeches (PDF)
Speech #3: Persuasive: debate on an issue in the CCC system.
Speech #4: Local Hero Speech.
Mandatory lab assignments 5 pts ea: complete all three (15 pts)
- View and write critique of Speech #1 (Word) or (PDF)
- View and write critique of Speech #2 (Word) or (PDF)
- View and write critique of Speech #3 (Word) or (PDF)
Optional lab assignments
You may complete a maximum of two (2) optional assignments; please check your syllabus for a complete list. Each optional assignment is scored on a 0 to 5 pt. scale. You may complete more than two to complement class work; however, you will receive credit for only two optional assignments.
- President Lincoln versus PowerPoint: A Comparison of Differences in Presentation (Word) or (PDF)
- Outline Practice (Word) or (PDF)
- Rhetorical Analysis of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" (Word) or (PDF)
- REASONING (Word) or (PDF)
- Mario Savio and the Free Speech Movement (Word) or (PDF)
65/65 pts each. There will be one midterm exam and one comprehensive final exam.