DSKL 817 Dragon Naturally Speaking
Topics to be covered
- Dictation - Dragon Pad
- Changing & Correcting Text
- Capitalization, Special Characters
- Making Document Changes
- Customizing Dragon
- Accuracy Center and Command Browser
- Dragon with Internet Explorer
- Dragon with Microsoft Word
Student Learning Outcomes
- Student will configure assistive technology to meet individual needs.
- Student will use assistive technology to access course materials.
- Student will demonstrate using assistive technology to access the Internet.
- Student will demonstrate using assistive technology to access computer applications.
- Class attendance - 20 hours in lab for instruction (60 points)
- Practice 1-2 hours each week outside of class recommended (10 points)
- Assignments (16 points)
- Reading chapters assigned from books in lab and article reprints (14 points)
Class materials will be provided.
- Lecture and demonstration will be given during your scheduled class time. It is very important that you attend all classes. Please schedule your work hours and other appointments accordingly.
- If you are unable to attend class, please phone 574-6432 at any time and leave a message. You can make up the work during open lab hours or during another scheduled Dragon class.
- In order to become proficient in using the computer, you should spend time outside of your class time practicing what you've learned in class. Computers are available during Open Lab hours.
Open Lab Hours
The ATC lab is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m..
Carolyn Fiori email@example.com
Emeritus Faculty, Assistive Computer Technology Specialist
Office: Bldg. 12 Room 120
Instructional Aide, Alternate Media Service Provider
Location: DSPS, Bldg. 10 Room 120