Admissions and Records at College of San Mateo - Residency
skip directly to Main Content Navigation Search A-Z Index Find People Top Story Breadcrumbs Footer
Deadline to pay student fees
Monday, August 3, 2015
Summer 2015 official grades available on WebSMART
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Fall 2015 Semester begins
Monday, August 17, 2015
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • YouTube
  • Linkedin
Admissions & Records

It is not necessary to be a legal resident of California (as defined in the Education Code) in order to attend College of San Mateo. California State law requires that each student enrolled in or applying for admission to a Caifornia Community College provide such information and evidence as deemed necessary to determine his/her residence classification. The burden of proof to establish residence is on the student.

If you have been classified as a nonresident, please print out the Residency Reclassification form, complete it and then submit it along with the required materials by fax at (650) 574-6506, by mail, or in person to the Admissions and Records office (Building 10, 3rd Floor).

Residency Reclassification Form

Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (AB540)
Students who have attended a California high school for three years AND received a California high school diploma or its equivalent (such as a GED), may be exempt from paying non-resident tuition. If you are qualified, please complete the AB540 form and submit it by fax at (650) 574-6506, by mail, or in person to the Admissions and Records office (Building 10, 3rd Floor).

Nonresident Tution Exemption Request (AB540)

International Students
Residents of other countries may apply for admission as F-1 Visa students through the International Student Program.
Special international student applications, related forms and additional information may be obtained at the
International Student Center website.